Pull out your spoon and ladle this delicious and nutritious meal into your mouth and be prepared to JAM for hours. I still love my acai bowls, but this little gem has taken a front seat in my opinion.
Superfood Smoothie for Lasting Energy [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Superfood Smoothie for Lasting Energy [Vegan]
- 2 or 3 organic kale leaves
- big handful of dried figs (cut off dried stems)
- 2 or 3 frozen bananas
- vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp maca
- 1 cup coconut water or filtered water
- Meat from 1 young thai coconut
- 2 Tbsp. chia gel (seeds soaked in water and kept in a mason jar in fridge)
How to Prepare Superfood Smoothie for Lasting Energy [Vegan]
- Blend in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a large bowl and top with granola, bee pollen, dried superfruit. I believe one of the KEYS to the lasting duration of this smoothie is the granola combined with the thick, density of the smoothie (nutrition and ingredients).
- If you need more sweetness, add a few dates or a few drops of stevia.
NOW, if you don’t have access to: coconuts - just use an avocado for the thick, creamy consistency or use some full-fat organic coconut milk in place of the water/ coconut meat. Dried figs – substitute what you like: dried plums, dried apricots, dried prunes, Thompson raisins, dates (pitted), etc. – Make sure dried fruit is UNSULPHERED and ORGANIC. Kale – use collards, spinach (use LOTS being that it is a thinner green), swiss chard chia seeds – use flax seeds (they might “nutty” up the flavor so use less) to taste Toppings: use fresh banana slices, fresh fruit, or frozen fruit, cacao nibs, whatever you like. Some days, I will add spirulina, Ormus Greens or the like for extra OOMMPH! to it.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.