Pull out your spoon and ladle this delicious and nutritious meal into your mouth and be prepared to JAM for hours. I still love my acai bowls, but this little gem has taken a front seat in my opinion.
Superfood Smoothie for Lasting Energy [Vegan]
- 2 or 3 organic kale leaves
- big handful of dried figs (cut off dried stems)
- 2 or 3 frozen bananas
- vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp maca
- 1 cup coconut water or filtered water
- Meat from 1 young thai coconut
- 2 Tbsp. chia gel (seeds soaked in water and kept in a mason jar in fridge)
- Blend in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a large bowl and top with granola, bee pollen, dried superfruit. I believe one of the KEYS to the lasting duration of this smoothie is the granola combined with the thick, density of the smoothie (nutrition and ingredients).
- If you need more sweetness, add a few dates or a few drops of stevia.
NOW, if you don’t have access to: coconuts - just use an avocado for the thick, creamy consistency or use some full-fat organic coconut milk in place of the water/ coconut meat. Dried figs – substitute what you like: dried plums, dried apricots, dried prunes, Thompson raisins, dates (pitted), etc. – Make sure dried fruit is UNSULPHERED and ORGANIC. Kale – use collards, spinach (use LOTS being that it is a thinner green), swiss chard chia seeds – use flax seeds (they might “nutty” up the flavor so use less) to taste Toppings: use fresh banana slices, fresh fruit, or frozen fruit, cacao nibs, whatever you like. Some days, I will add spirulina, Ormus Greens or the like for extra OOMMPH! to it.