This healthy vegan salad combines many superfoods for a nutrient-packed dish! Herb roasted tofu and sweet potato, kale, quinoa, and pecans add nutritional value to this salad.
Superfood Kale Salad [Vegan]
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups shredded kale, washed thoroughly
- 1/2 a block tofu cubed
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa + 1/2 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Toss cubed tofu and sweet potato with olive oil, garlic, garlic powder, dried herbs, and cumin powder.
- Spread tofu and sweet potato on prepared baking tray and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Set aside to slightly cool on a wire rack,
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package instructions. Toss warm quinoa and kale in a large bowl and massage salad with hands to soften kale. Add sweet potato and tofu and toss more to combine.
- Top with pecans.