This healthy vegan salad combines many superfoods for a nutrient-packed dish! Herb roasted tofu and sweet potato, kale, quinoa, and pecans add nutritional value to this salad.
Superfood Kale Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Superfood Kale Salad [Vegan]
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups shredded kale, washed thoroughly
- 1/2 a block tofu cubed
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa + 1/2 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
How to Prepare Superfood Kale Salad [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Toss cubed tofu and sweet potato with olive oil, garlic, garlic powder, dried herbs, and cumin powder.
- Spread tofu and sweet potato on prepared baking tray and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Set aside to slightly cool on a wire rack,
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package instructions. Toss warm quinoa and kale in a large bowl and massage salad with hands to soften kale. Add sweet potato and tofu and toss more to combine.
- Top with pecans.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.