These little bites of deliciousness are studded with dried fruit and nuts that look like shimmering jewels suspended in chocolate. But these treats aren't just pretty to look at – they're secretly packed with superfoods! You can use any combination of your favorite superfood supplements other than the ones suggested below, or if you don't want to use any superfoods at all, these chocolates will still be lovely.
Superfood Chocolate Jewels [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Superfood Chocolate Jewels [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 16-ounce bag of dark chocolate chips (try to get 60 percent or more)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup fresh pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon plant-based protein powder of your choice
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
How to Prepare Superfood Chocolate Jewels [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Make a double broiler by filling a large skillet with water over medium-high heat. Then, place a smaller skillet on top and add chocolate and superfoods. Use a spatula to stir the mixture until smooth and melted. You can use the back of your spatula to press and smooth out any clumps on the bottom of your pan.
- Once your chocolate is fully melted and your superfoods have been incorporated, use a spoon to dollop small circles onto a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Then place your cranberries, pistachios, and pecans on top and place the tray in the refrigerator until your chocolate has hardened, about one hour. That's it! You're done!
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.