Homemade superfood chocolate espresso granola will be your new go-to breakfast or snack. This crunchy naturally sweetened granola is addicting, delicious, and nutritious. Not only is it ideal for snacking, but it is also a great crunchy topping for yogurt, oatmeal, and smoothies. This chocolate espresso granola is quick to whip up and it is full of good-for-you superfoods.
Superfood Chocolate Espresso Granola [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup Brazil nuts
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup espresso or brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add almonds and Brazil nuts to the bowl of a food processor or blender and pulse until finely chopped. Add dates and pulse 4-5 times to combine. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Place oats, quinoa, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, cacao nibs, cacao powder, chia seeds, and salt to date mixture and mix to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk espresso, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil. Pour over mixture and mix to combine, making sure all of the ingredients are coated.
- Transfer the granola mixture to the prepared baking sheet and evenly spread. Bake 30-35 minutes, giving the granola a stir half way through.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Store cooled granola in an air tight container for up to 1 week.