If you’re lactose intolerant, vegan or you just want to avoid dairy products, cashew cream is the perfect substitute for dairy cream. In addition to their delicate nutty flavor and creamy texture, cashews are rich in protein, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, copper, zinc and potassium. They also contain omega-3 fatty acids and other heart-healthy fats.
Super Easy Versatile Cashew Cream (With A 3-Minute Option) [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1½ cups tepid water
- In a bowl, cover the raw cashews with tepid water and put a lid on the bowl. Allow to soak overnight. If you use boiling water, they only need to soak for 2 hours.
- Strain the water and put the soft cashews in a high-speed blender and add the 1½ cups tepid water.
- Whizz for 3 minutes whilst gradually increasing the speed to high until creamy-smooth.
For The 3-Minute Soak:
- Put the raw cashews in a microwave proof bowl and cover them with tepid water. Put a lid on and microwave on high heat for 3 minutes.
- When done, transfer the hot cashews into a strainer and drain all of the hot water. Rinse the cashews under cold running water to cool them.
- Transfer the soft cashews to a blender and add the 1½ cups tepid water and proceed as above to blend.