A delicious, sweet and savory fresh update on a traditional peanut butter cookie.
Sunflower Seed Butter Cookies [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Sunflower Seed Butter Cookies [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cups sunflower butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
How to Prepare Sunflower Seed Butter Cookies [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF
- In a small bowl mix your ground flax and water and set it aside to thicken.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Using an electric mixer beat the butter and sunflower butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and brown sugar and continue to mix until well incorporated.
- Add the thickened flax egg and vanilla and continue to beat.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture beating slowly only until blended. Do not overmix.
- Place the mixing bowl in the fridge for 30-45 minutes to chill (If you're going to leave it any longer, cover it).
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll cookies into golf ball sized balls (or smaller if that's your preference) and place onto a stone cookie sheet or ungreased cookie sheet of choice.
- Using a fork press down gently on top of the cookies to create an imprint from the fork. Rotate your fork and do this again to create a crisscross pattern on the cookies.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until bottom edges are light golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.