Imagine a dense and thick brownie with intense carob, coconut, and vanilla flavours, without the sugar. Boom. Here you go. Warning: these brownies are slightly addictive. You're welcome.
Sugar-Free Carob and Coconut Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 0.45 pounds of bananas in pieces
- 3.5 ounces of pitted dates
- 3.5 ounces of ground coconut
- 1.8 ounces of raisins
- 1.4 ounces of sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed
- 1 1/4 cups carob powder
- 1.3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup rice protein (or buckwheat flour)
- 1/3 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 pinches of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3/4 cup, plus 1 1/4 tablespoons of coconut milk
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 356°F.
- In the bowl of a blender put the bananas, dates, coconut, raisins and seeds. Mix until a homogeneous dough is formed.
- Add carob, flour, protein (if you use it), baking soda, and vanilla. Melt the coconut oil and add to the mixture, plus the coconut milk and lemon juice. Mix until smooth and slightly thick.
- Oil a rectangular pan and pour the dough. Smooth the surface with a spatula and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before tasting.