Perfect for a midweek meal or a party with friends, they’re sure to be a talking point at the dinner table. The filling is made with giant cous cous, kale, peppers, pomegranate and cranberries. Spiced with cumin, paprika, oregano, chilli and garlic – they’re SO delicious, with just the right amount of sweet and spice.
Stuffed Pumpkin [Vegan]
- 5 small - medium size pumpkins
- 1 cup giant cous cous
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup kale, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chilli
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 360°F. Wash pumpkins and dry skin. Spray with a little oil and pop into the oven to bake for 40 mins.
- Add giant cous cous to a medium saucepan and cover with 2.5 cups of cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 6-7 minutes, cook until translucent. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up a large skillet with olive oil to a medium heat. Fry red onion and peppers for 5 minutes until fragrant. Add in chilli, garlic and spices and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add cous cous, lime juice, cranberries and pomegranate to the skillet and stir to combine. Heat through, add salt and pepper and taste to check seasoning. Add kale and stir through until wilted.
- Remove pumpkins from the oven and stuff with filling. Serve immediately.