Roasting peppers makes them tender and sweet and the perfect vessel for holding all our nutritious goodies. The filling is an array of textures and flavors and a satisfying meal. This dish comes together pretty quickly if you have cooked quinoa and lentils on hand. I like to make big batches of grains for the week and store them in the fridge for speedy meals.
Stuffed Lentil, Quinoa and Mushroom Peppers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 medium green/red bell peppers
- 3 spring onion
- 4 medium sized mushrooms
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a roasting pan with baking paper.
- Slice tops from bell peppers. Scoop out seeds and membrane. Stand peppers in prepared pan cover with top and roast for 20 min.
- Heat a scant amount of oil in a frying pan over medium heat and sautee spring onion, garlic and chopped vegetables for 3 to 5 minutes or until light golden.
- Remove peppers and discard any water. Spoon warm lentil mixture into peppers and serve warm.