Roasting peppers makes them tender and sweet and the perfect vessel for holding all our nutritious goodies. The filling is an array of textures and flavors and a satisfying meal. This dish comes together pretty quickly if you have cooked quinoa and lentils on hand. I like to make big batches of grains for the week and store them in the fridge for speedy meals.
Stuffed Lentil, Quinoa and Mushroom Peppers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Stuffed Lentil, Quinoa and Mushroom Peppers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 medium green/red bell peppers
- 3 spring onion
- 4 medium sized mushrooms
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 zucchini
How to Prepare Stuffed Lentil, Quinoa and Mushroom Peppers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a roasting pan with baking paper.
- Slice tops from bell peppers. Scoop out seeds and membrane. Stand peppers in prepared pan cover with top and roast for 20 min.
- Heat a scant amount of oil in a frying pan over medium heat and sautee spring onion, garlic and chopped vegetables for 3 to 5 minutes or until light golden.
- Remove peppers and discard any water. Spoon warm lentil mixture into peppers and serve warm.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.