These scones are fluffy, light and full of delicious flavor coming from the caramel maple syrup, strawberries and sweet currants! The underlining cinnamon and nutty oat flavors bring warmth to the scones that are perfect for a fall pastry. It really tastes like a hearty oatmeal raisin cookie!
Strawberry Maple Scones [Vegan]
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 handful of dried currants
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- sprinkle of salt
- Start by preheating your oven to 420ºF. Place all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir until combined. Then add the coconut oil and with a pastry cutter or fork, cut and mix the coconut oil into the oat flour mixture until a crumbly dough forms. Place this mixture to chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Once its cold, add the strawberry pieces, currants and slowly add in all the wet ingredients. Slowly mix the dry and wet ingredients together until combined - careful not to over mix.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, form a circle out of the dough - it should be about 1 inch thick. Cut into 8 triangular pieces and bake for 15-17 minutes. Enjoy with jam, a drizzle of honey or nut butter!