These mini cheesecakes are amazingly easy to make. A creamy, maple syrup-sweetened cashew cheesecake filling sits on a crunchy graham cracker crust. The finishing touch is a gelatin-free strawberry jelly made by combining strawberry juice with agar agar. Make these little cheesecakes for your next party, where they’re sure to be a hit!
Strawberry Jelly Cheesecake With Graham Cracker Crust [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 18 vegan graham crackers, about 5.3 ounces
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked in hot water for an hour then drained
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons agar powder
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
For the Strawberry Coulis:
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon agar powder
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Lightly grease a 24-slot muffin tin or use a non-stick muffin pan.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse graham crackers until mixture has a fine texture. You can also crush graham crackers in a sealed plastic bag using a rolling pin.
- Add coconut oil and mix well. Spoon 1/2 tablespoon into each muffin cup and gently press down with fingers.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a blender, combine all filling ingredients and mix until very smooth. Pour mixture into a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Divide filling evenly among muffin tins, up until 1/8 inches from the edge.
- Place frozen strawberries in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a colander and gently extract juice by pressing down on strawberries with a spatula. Discard strawberries or save for later use.
- In a bowl, combine water, maple syrup, lemon juice, and agar agar.
- Pour into a saucepan, adding strawberry juice. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 1 minute. Cool down for 2-3 minutes. (do not let the mixture set).
- Garnish mini cakes with strawberry jelly and refrigerate for an hour until filling has set.
- Using a blunt knife, gently pry edges to loosen cakes. They should pop right out. Serve.