It's quite amazing what seaweed can do. This amazing ramen will satisfy your tastebuds - no fish required! A refreshing spring dish.
Spring Ramen [Vegan]
For the Broth:
- 4 cups Low sodium organic veggie broth
- 1 Nori sheet (cut into smaller pieces)
- 1 Lemongrass (washed and cut into 1 inch long pieces)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger fresh or powder
- Garlic powder to taste
- Chilli paste to taste
- 1/4 cup Low sodium Tamari
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seed oil
For the Noodles:
- Ramen noodles of your choice
- 4 Bok Choy (cut in half)
- 1/2 cup Tempeh (cut into slices)
- 1 cup Cilantro (large stems removed)
- 2 Scallions (sliced)
- Bring the veggie broth into a boil and add all the ingredients except oil.
- Turn down the heat and let it simmer for 10min, take it off the heat, add the oil and set aside. Remove the Nori sheets and lemon grass before serving.
- Boil the noodles according the instructions on the package.
- Marinade Tempeh slices in 1/4 cup tamari and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder for 6 hours or overnight. When ready, sauté on few drops of heated oil, few minutes on each side until golden. Cut them into squares before serving.
- Lightly sauté or steam the Bok choy. Fill your bowls with noodles, add veggies pour broth on top and serve.