These may be called "spring" burgers, but frozen vegetables are in season all year round, so no worries — you'll be able to enjoy these no matter what time of year it is. Sweet peas, corn, and fava beans are blended with fresh herbs, formed into patties, and fried on both sides until the outside is crispy. They're easy to make, so there's no stress over making a big batch whether it's for a cookout or for weeknight meal planning.
Spring Pea and Sweet Corn Veggie Burger [Vegan]
- 1 1/3 cups frozen peas
- 1 1/8 cup frozen sweetcorn
- 1 1/3 cups frozen fava beans
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 3/4 cup, plus 5 3/4 teaspoons spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Oil, for frying
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Measure out frozen vegetables and leave to thaw for 10 minutes.
- In your blender put the vegetables, flour, coriander, and spices.
- Pulse until well combined. You may need to add water part way throw depending on the power of your blender.
- Stir in your seeds.
- Shape the mixture into burger patties and place on a floured baking tray.
- Put the burgers in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Lightly fry the burgers until brown on both sides. Be careful not to flip too soon or they may lose their shape.
- Serve on a bun or on a salad with toppings of your choice.