This spinach muffin recipe is great for picky eaters because you can hide some veggies in it! Such a delicious way to enjoy spinach!
Spinach Muffins [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Spinach Muffins [Vegan]
- 4.2 ounces of fresh spinach (do not use frozen)
- 3.3 ounces of plant-based milk
- 2.7 ounces of brown rice syrup / agave nectar
- 6.3 ounces of bananas
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 ounce of softened coconut oil
- 1.5 ounces of gluten free oats
- 1.4 ounces of cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
How to Prepare Spinach Muffins [Vegan]
- Turn on the oven at 350°F.
- Prepare muffin pans.
- Wash spinach and dry it with a cloth.
- In a chopper or a food processor, place the spinach leaves, oats, non-dairy milk, sweetener, coconut oil, vinegar, and bananas. Chop everything until you get it to a smoothie-like consistency.
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add the contents of the two bowls, add the vanilla extract and mix everything until you get a homogeneous dough. You do not need to knead the dough a lot as it does not contain gluten.
- Place in muffin tins and bake for 30 - 35 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before putting it on a cooling rack.
- Once cold, store in a closed box with a piece of paper on the bottom and another on top of the muffins. That way they will last longer.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.