I like the idea of a dish that is baked and looks put-together but that has no flour, corn starch or other ingredients. It doesn’t even have oil in it. Hearty spinach, tangy artichoke hearts and ooey-gooey vegan mozzarella all baked inside the soft but firm tofu. This is incredibly easy to make. Putting it together takes 5 to 10 minutes tops and the cooking time is just enough to put together a delicious salad to go with it. It’s a perfect dish for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.
Spinach, Artichoke and Mozzarella Tofu Frittata [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Spinach, Artichoke and Mozzarella Tofu Frittata [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, drained
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. black salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 1-15 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained, squeezed and chopped
- 4 cups of spinach, stemmed and chopped
- ½ cup vegan mozzarella, shredded
- Cooking spray
How to Prepare Spinach, Artichoke and Mozzarella Tofu Frittata [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9 inch pie pan with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, crumble the tofu into very small pieces. It should look like gravel. Add the nutritional yeast, the mustard and the spices and mix well.
- Make sure the artichoke hearts have been squeezed of their excess moisture before you chop them. Add them and the chopped spinach to the mixing bowl. Add the mozzarella and mix everything well with a spatula or your hands
- Transfer the tofu mixture to the pie plate and pack it in tight. Press it down into the plate with your hands or the spatula. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is browned and the frittata is firm. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes. This will help the frittata release from the pan. Place a plate over frittata and holding both plates, flip the frittata onto the dinner place. Slice and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 903 | Total Carbs: 70 g | Total Fat: 31 g | Total Protein: 95 g | Total Sodium: 2,123 mg | Total Sugar: 3 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.