I wouldn't say that these crackers taste too much like spinach, but boy are they greeeen! They are absolutely delicious with a simple homemade hummus, but I imagine they go really well with a lot of different dips (guacamole, white bean dip, …).
Spinach and Sesame Crackers [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Spinach and Sesame Crackers [Vegan]
- 1⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 2 loosely packed cups fresh spinach
How To Make Spinach and Sesame Crackers [Vegan]
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash the spinach and put it in a blender together with the water and blend until completely smooth.
- In a mixing bowl add in the dry ingredients (including the sesame seeds), whisk and then add in the spinach-water and olive oil. Mix and knead with your hand until it's a smooth dough. Add more flour if your dough is too sticky.
- On a floured baking sheet roll out the dough until thin and evenly.
- Cut it with a pizza cutter length- and widthwise.
- Bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes (until they get crispy).
- Sesame Seeds
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 915 | Total Carbs: 157 g | Total Fat: 19 g | Total Protein: 24 g | Total Sodium: 3888 g | Total Sugar: 0 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Can a gluten free flour be used instead??? Bobs Red Mill GF AP mix or maybe even coconut?
Can you use chick pea flour instead….or any other kind of flour like spelt?
I wouldn\’t recommend chickpea flour, but I\’ve had great success with spelt or whole wheat flour! You may have to use a bit more water if the dough is too crumbly. Mind that the Crackers won\’t be that green because of the darker flour.