The salad du jour. You can get a little crazy if you want and toast your pumpkin seeds or keep them raw. Toasting them a bit will add a nice nutty flavor. The dressing is simple. Since I've been obsessed with it, I add it to everything these days. All you need is a little pomegranate juice, Dijon mustard, a bit of balsamic, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. You won't be disappointed!
Spinach and Fig Salad [Vegan]
For the salad:
- 3-4 fresh figs cut in half
- 2-3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 pear sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (raw or toasted on a sheet pan for 5 minutes at 350)
For the dressing:
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- a pinch of salt and pinch of pepper
Combine all ingredients under dressing and whisk until well incorporated. Place spinach on the plate, add pear, figs, drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.