Zucchini are such versatile vegetables. You can fry them, steam them, stir-fry them, spiralize them into zoodles, even bake them into bread! In this particular recipe, zucchini are coated in rice and chickpea flour, seasoned generously, and fried. Top with your favorite creamy non-dairy dressing and serve with a side salad for a yummy, filling meal!
Spicy Zucchini Fritters [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 4 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 green chili, de-seeded and chopped finely
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, to fry
- Add a pinch of salt to the grated zucchini and let it sit for 5 minutes in a colander.
- Squeeze the liquid from the zucchini and transfer to a bowl.
- Add rice flour, chickpea flour, red chili powder, turmeric, green chili, and salt.
- Mix well to combine.
- Heat oil in a small pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter into the oil and fry over medium-low heat until browned on both sides.
- Drain over paper towels and serve hot.