This easy spicy sausage and tofu breakfast burrito is exactly what you need to start your day off right. Mildly spiced tofu scramble pairs perfectly well with spicy seitan sausage and melty vegan cheese for a hot and spicy, protein-packed breakfast.
Spicy Sausage and Tofu Breakfast Burrito [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 vegan sausage links, sliced and cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- 14 ounces tofu, drained and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 10-inch tortillas
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese shreds
- 1 avocado, sliced
- In a medium-size frying pan, heat oil and add sausage. Cook until sausage starts to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomato and cook another 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat more oil and add tofu, breaking it up into a scramble with a fork. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add cumin and turmeric and cook 3 more minutes.
- Microwave tortillas 20 seconds or until soft.
- Add half of sausage, tofu, cheese, and avocado to tortilla. Wrap and serve.