Cheese, for many one of the most difficult things to give when going completely plant-based. You will not be missing ANYTHING with this cheesy spread. This cheese spread is made using whole, (raw) food. You can even ferment it like a proper vegan cheese. The possibilities are endless with this spicy, colorful, and nutritious cheesy spread!
Spicy ‘Cheese’ Spread With A Raw Option [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons kimchi liquid or sauerkraut
- 1 teaspooon garlic powder or 1 clove raw garlic
- 3 tablespoons jalapeño liquid or lemon juice
- 5 pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
Soak the cashew nuts somewhere between half an hour in warm water to overnight to make them soft.
Drain the cashews and add them to a blender (or food processor - see notes) Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
The spread is pretty much done now, put it in a container, and store in the refrigerator.
No high-speed blender necessary for this. Soaking your cashews for longer will make the blending process easier. You could ferment the spread by storing it in a dark and warm place but it's by no means necessary.