Cauliflower wings are the perfect finger food for you and you friends to grub down on and this recipe is especially good. The baked breading provides a tasty, crunchy mouth feel to the cauliflower that is finished with some tangy spice from the sauce. Forget game day, these are for every day.
Spicy BBQ Cauliflower Wings With Cashew Dipping Sauce [Vegan]
For the Spicy BBQ Cauliflower Wings:
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- A pinch of black pepper
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
For the Cashew Dipping Sauce:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked for a few hours
- 1/2 a lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- A pinch of sea salt
- 3-4 tablespoons water
To Make the Spicy BBQ Cauliflower Wings:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond milk, whole wheat pastry flour, and spices.
- Cut up the cauliflower heads into florets, and place the pieces in the mixture and coat them thoroughly.
- Spread the cauliflower on the parchment lined baking sheet and cook it for 20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower pieces are cooking, mix together the BBQ sauce and Sriracha.
- Once the cauliflower florets are golden brown, coat them with the BBQ sauce mixture and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
To Make the Cashew Dipping Sauce:
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend them until they are smooth.
- Store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat.