This is a very simple recipe for a fresh, healthy, and colorful meal. You can mix and match whatever veggies are your favorites. Food on a stick is always fun no matter where you eat it. Enjoy!
Spicy Balsamic Tofu Veggie Kebabs [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Spicy Balsamic Tofu Veggie Kebabs [Vegan]
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, pressed and drained
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. gluten-free tamari
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 small zucchini, cut into rounds
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and cut into squares
- 1 red onion, cut into small chunks
- 8 cherry tomatoes
How to Prepare Spicy Balsamic Tofu Veggie Kebabs [Vegan]
- Cut the tofu into cubes. Combine the vinegar, tamari, oil, spices, garlic and broth in a bowl. Marinate the tofu in the mixture for at least 30 minutes. Reserve a bit of the marinade and in another bowl, marinate the veggies for no longer than 10 minutes. While you are waiting, you can soak your bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes so they don’t burn on the grill.
- Grill the tofu either on your outdoor grill or in a grill pan over high heat until browned and cooked, about 4 minutes per side. On each skewer, arrange the vegetables in whatever pattern makes you happy. I put 2 pieces of tofu, 1 cherry tomato and 2 pieces of the remaining vegetables on each skewer. I used the zucchini rounds as bookends. Grill the skewers for about 4 minutes on each side until browned and tender but still fresh and crisp. Serve while hot. Enjoy!
Per Kebab: Calories: | Carbs: g | Fat: g | Protein: g | Sodium: mg | Sugar: g
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Kebab: Calories: 66 | Carbs: 5 g | Fat: 4 g | Protein: 5 g | Sodium: 263 mg | Sugar: 3 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.