Have you been craving chocolate candy? These candy hearts are perfect to satisfy your craving and also show someone how much you love them. Feel free to enjoy these little hearts with a dollop of peanut butter or with a nice, warm cup of your favorite hot drink.
Spiced Dark Chocolate Hearts [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup of chocolate chips/morsels (or whatever brand you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon coconut butter
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of hazelnut extract (or vanilla, if you don't have on hand)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- a big ol generous pinch of chipotle powder
- a pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- In a double boiler, put the coconut butter in the pan and stir with a whisk until melty or soft and mixable.
- If you don't have an official double boiler, take a small pot and fill with water.
- Bring to a bowl, then add smaller pot so that it just rests in the bigger pots now boiling water and reduce heat. This is important so the chocolate doesn't burn.
- Next, add the chocolate chips and stir consistenly over medium heat with a whisk, until melted.
- Place chocolate mold on cookie sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes minimum.
- Once the chocolates are ready, gentle pop them out of their mold and place on a flat surface. Be careful not to handle them with your fingers so they don't leave a fingerprint.
- Mix the powdered sugar and however much cinnamon and chipotle powder you want with a fork in a small bowl. Then take your duster and gentle sift over the chocolates.