When you're in a pinch, these tostadas make for an awesome meal or appetizer. Spiced, mashed black beans are served over a crisp corn tortilla with roasted japaleño guacamole, fresh cilantro, and veggies. There are so many layers of flavor that come together and combine so well to create the perfect tostadas.
Spiced Black Bean and Roasted Jalapeño Guac Tostadas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Beans:
- 1 14-ounce can black beans with liquid
- 1/2 onion, small dice
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Guac:
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeño
- Juice of 1/2 lime
For the Tostadas:
- 4-6 gluten-free corn tortillas, lightly fried (or baked)
- Vegan sour cream or vegan cheese shreds
- Roasted corn
To Make the Beans:
- Sauté onion in olive oil until translucent. Add in garlic and spices. Stir 1 minutes. Add in the beans with the liquid and stir to combine. Let simmer until juices reduce by half.
- Using a potato masher (or food processor), mash the beans until you get a smooth consistency. Note: you can mash 1/2 way to leave some texture.
To Make the Guac:
- Roast the jalapeno – cut it in half and deseed it. Place on a baking sheet (sprayed with cooking spray) at 375°F for 10-15 minutes. Dice small. Mix all ingredients together.
To Make the Tostadas:
- Fry tortillas in a skillet until crispy. Add black beans, followed by guac, and then add other ingredients as desired.