Another winner of a dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free, and no refined sugar autumnal treat! These blondies are seasonal, and easier to make than your average apple pie, and even richer, too. Bring these to your holiday table for a new take on apple desserts.
Spiced Apple and Almond Butter Blondies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Blondies:
- 5 ounces cooked apples
- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond or tigernut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large apple, chopped into small pieces
To Make the Caramel Glaze:
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- Large pinch of cinnamon
- Pecans, to decorate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 355°F and grease and line a 9x9-inch baking tin.
- Place the cooked apples, almond butter, coconut sugar, and vanilla in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix until well combined the fold in the apple pieces.
- Spread the mixture in an even layer in the tin then bake for 25 minutes until golden and firm. Leave to cool completely in the tin.
- Next gently melt the ingredients for the caramel glaze on a low heat and whisk until smooth. Pour this over the cooled blondies then place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up slightly.
- Cut into pieces, top each one with a pecan half (optional) – then enjoy!