In this recipe, whole cauliflower steaks are rubbed with a special spice blend before being roasted in the oven until tender and juicy. It's then paired with creamy spinach tahini sauce that complements the heat of the spices. If you've never had cauliflower steak before, it's a dish that you must experience at least once.
Spice-Rubbed Roasted Cauliflower Steak With Spinach Tahini Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Spice-Rubbed Roasted Cauliflower Steak With Spinach Tahini Sauce [Vegan]
For the Spice Rub:
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic flakes-
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
For the Cauliflower:
- 1 head of cauliflower, sliced into 3 pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
For the Spinach Tahini:
- 1/2 cup spinach, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon agave (optional)
How to Prepare Spice-Rubbed Roasted Cauliflower Steak With Spinach Tahini Sauce [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 340°F.
- Dry roast all the spices except cornstarch and pound in mortar and pestle.
- Add cornstarch to the pounded spices, mix well.
To Roast the Cauliflower:
- Slice the cauliflower into thick slices.
- Rub the spices on the cauliflower slices evenly-on both sides.
- Drizzle olive oil.
- Roast for 15 mins, flip once and roast for another 20 minutes.
- By this time, cauliflower will be very very tender. Flip the tray onto a plate to ensure cauliflower doesn’t fall apart.
To Make the Spinach Tahini Sauce:
- Pulse all the ingredients in a tiny-blender/food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle over the roasted cauliflower and enjoy.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 360 | Total Carbs: 52 g | Total Fat: 40 g | Total Protein: 21 g | Total Sodium: 2374 g | Total Sugar: 19 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.