Creamy spaghetti squash “carbonara” is a perfect fall pasta alternative that uses spaghetti squash “noodles”. Creamy paleo cashew sauce will give that extra creamy flavor and makes sure that all the carbs cravings are gone.
Spaghetti Squash with Cashew Sauce [Vegan]
- Pasta 1 spaghetti squash (about 6 cups of shredded & cooked “noodles”)
- 1 small diced onion
- 1/2 cup cup cashews (soak overnight or at least a few hours)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7-10 tablespoon almond (or cashew) milk
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Fresh or dry basil
- Preheat the oven to 392° F.
- Slice the squash half length-wise and remove the seeds. Add some salt on top. Place it on a baking pan that is covered with baking paper (cut side down).
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes until you can easily use a fork to make spaghetti.
- For the creamy sauce, blend all the soaked cashews, olive oil, and cashew milk. Season with basil, salt & pepper.
- Heat the saucepan and cook the bacon until crispy (if you use it). Remove the bacon from the pan and crumble into bite-size pieces. Add diced onions and fry for few minutes. Set aside.
- Take the spaghetti squash out of the oven and use a fork to pull out the “noodles”.
- Add the creamy cashew sauce, onions and bacon. Mix well. Season with extra basil, salt & pepper when needed.
- Serve it with fresh basil. Enjoy!