Soursop is one of those fruits that despite having an abrasive appearance, is actually super sweet and yummy. Unfortunately, it is far from the easiest fruit to eat in public or on the go, especially considering it has many seeds. This refreshing sorbet allows you to enjoy all of the unique sweetness of soursop without the trouble. The preparation of the sorbet is quite simple, just mix the soursop pulp with water and sugar, let it cool, and then churn in the ice cream machine.
Soursop Sorbet [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 3 cups fresh soursop pulp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- Put the soursop pulp in a food processor and pulse to separate the seeds from the juicy bits. Scrape into a sieve set over a big bowl, pushing through as much pulp as you can and remove the seeds. It is possible that some pieces of the pulp don’t break while pulsing, you can add them directly to the bowl with the rest of the strained pulp. The purpose of pulsing the pulp on the food processor is to remove only the seeds.
- In the same big bowl, combine the seedless soursop pulp with the sugar, breaking up the fruit as much as possible. Mix the water, lime juice, and salt. Transfer to an airtight container, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Pour into an ice cream machine and churn according to the manufacturer’s directions or until the sorbet has become thick, around 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer to a storage container and let harden in the freezer for 3-4 hours.