These cookies are certified soft, thick, and not to mention completely gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and vegan! Coconut flour can be tricky to bake with if you’re trying to veganize it but somehow, this recipe worked! It’s a perfect base recipe but you can add some of your favorite fixin's like vegan unsweetened carob chips, cacao nibs, berries, unsweetened coconut shreds, cardamom, nut butters or whatever your little healthy heart desires …
Soft Coconut Breakfast Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2/3 cup of organic coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of organic almond meal and tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of xylitol (or coconut sugar or 2-3 packets of stevia – adjust to sweet tooth)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (non-alcohol)
- 2 flax eggs (3 tablespoons of ground flax with 6 tablespoons of water – let sit for a few minutes)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and/or cardamom
- 3-4 tablespoons of water or unsweetened almond milk
- 5 tablespoons of organic cold pressed coconut oil (liquid)
- 1 tablespoons of coconut butter
- Optional: your fixin's! (Carob chips, cacao nibs, berries, unsweetened coconut shreds, nut butters, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well.
- Add in your fixin's like unsweetened vegan carob chips or cacao nibs, etc. Next add in your flax eggs, coconut butter and coconut oil. Mix well.
- Then end off with the water or unsweetened almond milk till you get your batter to start holding together! You want it to be on the thick side.
- Scoop onto cookie sheet or parchment paper. Press cookies down! Coconut flour doesn’t really expand so make sure to do this. Do not flatten them though since you want them to be thick and soft.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes. Cool before removing from the cookie sheet. Then enjoy with some pure almond butter or organic unsweetened jelly to make it an ultimate breakfast treat!