These soft batch double chocolate chip cookies are thick and puffy and full of chocolate flavor! They're healthier than your average cookie, grain-free because they're made with buckwheat flour, and naturally sweetened with dates!
Flourless Soft Batch Double Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 3/4 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups date paste (about 20 dates blended with 1 1/2 cups hot water, then measure out 1 1/2 cups paste)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seed in a small bowl with 6 tablespoons water, set in refrigerator for 15 minutes)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, mix the buckwheat flour and cocoa powder.
- Add the date paste and flax eggs, and stir into a thick dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, and portion about 1/4 cup of dough into 12 cookies on a lined cookie sheet - this step may take a little time if you want them to look pretty and perfect! The dough is sticky, so plop 1/4 cup onto the sheet, then use your fingers to gently spread it evenly into circular shape. Doesn't have to be perfect.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, then allow them to cool for at least 15 minutes before moving.