These smoky cashew tacos might look gourmet but don't let looks fool you! These simple vegetable tacos were so easy to make, delicious, and totally healthy. There is absolutely no cooking involved except toasting of the cashews which can be done in advance. The smoked paprika and coriander seeds add a massive flavor explosion.
Smoky Cashew Tacos With Cabbage and Avocado [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Smoky Paprika Cashews:
- 1 12-ounce bag whole raw cashews
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon agave nectar or cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon jalapeño or ground cayenne
For the Tacos:
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar, optional
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil or sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 avocado, sliced into wedges
- Basil, mint leaves, or cilantro
- 2 or 3 soft corn tortillas, gluten-free if needed
To Make the Smoky Paprika Cashews:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine cashews and all of the other ingredients at once.
- Once the cashews are completely coated in the seasonings, place them onto a baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for about 10-12 minutes until browned but not black.
- Let them cool for about 5 minutes before eating. They will be super crunchy once they are completely cooled.
To Make the Tacos:
- Mix first seven ingredients for the tacos in a small bowl with spoon until mixed well and cabbage is thoroughly coated. Set aside.
- Warm tortillas in a pan on low heat, flipping once, or in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Layer the tortilla with herbs then cabbage, avocado, and a handful of smoky cashews.