All the satisfaction of crispy, savory fries without any of the guilt! These healthy fries are made using broccoli stems and are baked rather than deep-fried to maintain their nutritiousness. Sprinkle with some truffle oil to make them restaurant-worthy and deliciously fancy. Did we mention that they can be baked in a short 10 minutes? This keeps getting better and better.
Smoky Baked Truffle Broccoli Fries [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 medium broccoli stalks, peeled and cut into 12 1/4-inch by 4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika or chipotle powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Preheat toaster oven to 375°F.
- Place coconut oil, salt, pepper, and paprika on a small baking sheet and mix well.
- Add the broccoli strips and coat well.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until just tender. Bake longer for crispier fries.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and truffle oil then top with nutritional yeast.