Small Batch Frosted Espresso Fudge Brownies [Vegan]
For the Brownies:
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1-1.5 teaspoon egg replacer + 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1.5 tablespoon instant coffee
For the Frosting:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease and line a 4x8 loaf pan or baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all brownie ingredients and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes in preheated oven.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Combine all frosting ingredients except milk in a bowl and beat with a whisk until fluffy.
- Add almond milk one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.