This incredible, sliceable potato cheese is the perfect thing to put on your sandwiches, to serve with crackers, or just eat it on its own – it's that tasty. The potatoes and carrots form the bulk of this cheese and they are blended smooth with a savory array of spices and then simmered with a bit of agar agar to give the cheese its firm texture.
Sliceable Potato Cheese [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Sliceable Potato Cheese [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 small potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 4-5 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- A pinch of turmeric powder (optional)
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- A pinch of smoked paprika
- A pinch of pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- 3 teaspoons agar agar powder
How to Prepare Sliceable Potato Cheese [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Chop and peel carrots and then cut into smaller pieces.
- Cook them in a small amount of water with the potatoes. Once they are soft, throw them into your blender.
- Add the nutritional yeast.
- Start mixing everything together and slowly add the water and oil as you go along. Season it, to taste, with salt.
- In a saucepan, boil 1/2 cup of water (you can use the water you used for the vegetables). Add agar agar and stir it until it's dissolved.
- Add your vegetable mixture to the pot and simmer it, over low heat, for about 5 minutes. Line your cheese dish with paper, pour the cheese into the container, and store it in a cool place.
- Let the cheese set for at least 2 hours before you serve it.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.