Fall and apple crisp go together like…well…fall and apple crisp. This recipe is made in a skillet and is gluten free and vegan but it doesn’t ~fall~ short on flavor one bit! Oh and it has some yummy caramel flavor which takes the flavor over the top!
Skillet Caramel Apple Crisp [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 4-6 apples
- 1/2 cup soft vegan butter
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Lemon juice to taste
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce or frosting
- 1 tablespoon apple pie seasoning
- 2 cups cassava flour
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Apple pie seasoning to taste
- 1/4 cup soft vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take 1 tablespoon of butter and spread around cast iron skillet.
- Cut apples into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, stir together all filling ingredients.
- Pour into skillet.
- In a small bowl, stir together topping ingredients.
- Place on top of filling.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-60 minutes.