For chocolate lovers, or for those who are just craving something sweet, this cake is for you! This rich, gooey chocolate lava cake is the prefect thing to satisfy a sweet tooth. Ridiculously easy to make, the batter of this cake contains protein batter, so you don't have to feel too guilty when you indulge. Best of all, this recipe makes one serving, so you won't be tempted by leftovers. Serve with ice cream for the perfect dessert.
Single Serving Chocolate Lava Cake [Vegan, Gluten Free]
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free oat flour
- 3 teaspoons chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon avocado or coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax plus 2 1/2 tablespoons water)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a ramekin with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, prepare your flax egg by stirring together ground flax and 2 1/2 tablespoons of water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together oat flour, protein, baking soda, baking powder, and coconut sugar.
- Combine your flax egg with the coconut oil, non-dairy milk, and syrup until combined. Then add mixture to dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 10 second intervals. Once chocolate is melted, gently fold it into your batter until combined. Pour batter into ramekin and bake for 11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2 minutes. Use a knife to loosen the edges. Flip ramekin over to remove cake. Top with fruit or vegan ice cream.