This pumpkin pie features a wholesome pecan crust. Vegan, gluten-free, no sugar-added, healthy and is made in a snap. Clean eating at its best, without comprising that great texture of the perfect pumpkin pie.
Simple and Healthy Pecan Pumpkin Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup pecans
- 3-5 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour or 1 1/2 tablespoons of other flour
- A splash of maple syrup (optional)
- A pinch of kosher salt
For the Filling:
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
- 1 12-ounce package silken tofu, drained
- 12-16 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- A few gratings of nutmeg, to taste
- 10 drops of liquid stevia (optional)
- In a food processor, combine the crust ingredients and process for about 3 minutes. The dough should stick together when pressed between your fingers.
- In a pie dish coated with a non-stick cooking spray, press the dough to make the crust. Set aside until ready for the filling.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash out the food processor and add in the filling ingredients. Process for about 3-5 minutes or until the dates are just tiny little specks. The filling should be very smooth.
- Scoop the filling onto the crust and smooth over with a spatula. Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes. If the top of the crust looks like it's getting a little too brown you can add some strips of tinfoil or a pie crust protector over it.
- Remove from oven and chill completely before serving.
Total Calories: 2321 | Total Carbs: 366 g | Total Fat: 90 g | Total Protein: 43 g | Total Sodium: 1705 g | Total Sugar: 290 g Total: 2,321 366 90 43 1,705 290 Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Diego Mauricio Pradera
Geraldine McKinney ;)