Using blended oats to form oat flour, instead of regular white flour is a great way of adding whole foods, fiber, and long-lasting carbohydrates into your breakfast without compromising on taste. These Simple and Healthy Pancakes are so delicious!
Simple and Healthy Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- ~1 medium mug rolled oats
- ~3/4 medium mug plant milk
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence/ maple syrup
- Blend all ingredients together in a high-speed blender until smooth. If your mixture is too thick, add some more milk and if it’s too thin, add some more oat flour or a tbsp flax seeds and let it sit.
- Place a large nonstick pan on high- medium heat and add a few sprays of olive oil, then reduce the heat to medium-low once sizzling. Start spooning your pancake mixture into the pan, in pancake-like circles.
- Once the top of the pancake starts forming bubbles and the edges firm up, flip your pancakes over and wait for them to go golden before removing. Usually 2’ on each side.
- Repeat until you’ve used up all your pancake mixture and serve with your desired toppings: fruit, maple syrup, chocolate spread, yogurt, whatever you like!
- You can double up the recipe if you’re feeding 2 people or store the remaining pancakes for later. You can refrigerate the leftovers for up to 4-5 days or freeze them for a couple months (simply reheat by microwaving).
- When you store them, make sure to add some parchment paper in between each pancake so they don’t stick together.
- Oat Flour