This silky blueberry cashew cake calls for only a few ingredients and no baking at all! The grain-free crust is made from dates and almonds with a touch of vanilla while the creamy filling is made from cashews blended with blueberries, a drizzle of coconut oil, and maple syrup for sweetness. The result is a cake that looks like it was made by a professional — but don't worry, nobody needs to know how easy it was to make.
Silky Raw Blueberry Cashew Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
For the Filling:
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 8 hours
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen is definitely best)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Soak the cashews overnight in water (or in boiling water for 1 hour if you're in a pinch).
- Using a food processor, combine the dates, almonds, vanilla, and water. Pulse as needed to form a sticky, workable dough. This will take a few minutes.
- Flatten the dough to fill the bottom of your mould (can be between 6-9 inches). Two layers of parchment paper and a rolling pin work well to keep things from sticking everywhere.
- Blend the cashews, maple syrup, blueberries, and coconut oil until smooth. There should be no chunks.
- Pour the mixture over the crust and tap the pan to level out the mixture and remove any bubbles.
- Freeze the cake for at least 4-5 hours (or overnight). Leave at room temperature about 15 minutes before eating.