This creamy soup is perfect for the winter because it will nourish your nails! It is high in vitamin C and the cauliflower will delight your taste buds. Plus, it is really quick and easy to make. The sprinkle of nutmeg makes all the difference in this recipe.
Silky Cauliflower Soup [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small cauliflower, diced roughly 4 cups
- 3 cups veggie stock
- 1 cup cooked white kidney beans
- 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional garnish: toasted almonds, parsley, roasted cauliflower, or nutmeg
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until browned, roughly 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, veggie stock, navy beans, nutmeg and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until cauliflower is soft, 20 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, almond butter, salt, and pepper and blend using an immersion blender or in a food processor.
- Serve hot and garnish with toasted almonds, parsley, and crispy navy beans.