A plant-based take on a classic Shanghainese restaurant dish featuring the creamiest sesame sauce — done in just 15 minutes! The traditional dish feaures mung bean noodles and veggies tossed with chicken and a thick sesame dressing. This recipe leaves out the meat (but feel free to toss in some tofu or vegan chicken) and ups the veggies. With each bite, you get a mouthful of tender noodles, fresh, crisp vegetables, and the silky-smooth, nutty sesame sauce.
15-Minute Shanghai Sesame Noodles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make 15-Minute Shanghai Sesame Noodles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Noodles:
- 2 servings gluten-free spaghetti
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 zucchini
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3/4–1 teaspoon sesame oil
How To Make 15-Minute Shanghai Sesame Noodles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Mix together ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Cook your pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain and submerge in cold water. Finely chop the zucchini and carrots into thin matchsticks.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet, add your carrots and zucchini. Pour in half the sauce and mix well.
- Drain your pasta into a big mixing bowl and pour over the vegetable mixture. Add the rest of your sauce to taste. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Daydaycook.
- Sesame Seeds
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 734 | Total Carbs: 127 g | Total Fat: 40 g | Total Protein: 20 g | Total Sodium: 96 g | Total Sugar: 20 g Per Serving: Calories: 367 | Carbs: 64 g | Fat: 20 g | Protein: 10 g | Sodium: 48 mg | Sugar: 10 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.