You'll love the combination of romaine lettuce and napa cabbage for this salad, and the carrots and cucumber add extra veggie power and crunch. The mandarin orange is a must too—it tastes amazing with these flavors.
Sesame-Ginger Chopped Salad With Crispy Wonton Strips [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Sesame-Ginger Chopped Salad With Crispy Wonton Strips [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups canola or vegetable oil
- 8 wonton wrappers, sliced into 1/2-inch wide strips
- Salt, as needed
- 4 cups finely shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups finely shredded napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds, plus more as needed
- 1 medium mandarin orange, peeled and thinly sliced
How to Prepare Sesame-Ginger Chopped Salad With Crispy Wonton Strips [Vegan]
- To make the sesame-ginger dressing, combine the ginger, garlic, vinegar, olive oil, sesame oil, agave, and salt in a blender or food processor. Blend on high speed until the dressing is smooth. Season with additional salt, if desired.
- To make the wonton strips, heat the oil in a medium pot until it reaches 360°F to 370°F. Fry the wonton strips for about 15 seconds, or until golden brown, in three or four batches. Transfer the wonton strips to a plate lined with papers towels to drain. Season them immediately with salt.
- To make the salad, combine the romaine lettuce, napa cabbage, carrots, cucumber, scallions, sesame seeds, and a couple of handfuls of the crispy wonton strips in a medium bowl. Add 4 tablespoons of the dressing and toss to coat the salad.
- Divide the salad between serving bowls and top each serving with sliced mandarin orange, extra wonton strips, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Serve the salad with extra dressing.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.