Legumes are fantastic for many reasons, and versatility is undoubtedly one of them. Chickpeas in particular, both for their texture and their more neutral flavor, are great for savory dishes and even sweets. These Scrambled Chickpeas are perfect for any time of day!
Scrambled Chickpeas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 7 ounces of cooked chickpeas
- 1 small onion or 1/2 large chopped
- 1 strip of green or red pepper in cut in small pieces
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 tomato
- 4 Tb spoons of vegetable broth or water
- 1 teaspoon of powdered turmeric
- ground pepper
- parsley or coriander
- Crush the chickpeas with a fork, leaving a few whole pieces to give texture. Reserve.
- In a frying pan, sautée the onion, pepper, and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add the spices: turmeric, salt, pepper (and others you want). Stir everything.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and the crushed chickpeas. Stir well to incorporate the flavors.
- Add the vegetable broth/water and cook for 3-5 minutes until creamy. This is the recipe secret!
- Remove from heat, rectify seasoning.
- Serve with chopped parsley or cilantro.