Part of the beauty of pumpkin is its innate ability to be good no matter what you mix it with. In this savory quiche, you get the wonderful flavor of pumpkin with the smokiness of the Earl Grey tea-infused crust. Topped with cherry tomatoes, it's rustic, flavorful, and filling!
Savory Pumpkin Quiche With an Earl Grey Tea-Infused Crust [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 earl grey tea bags
- 1 12.3-ounce package Silken Tofu
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups arugula
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cherry or grape tomatoes, for garnishing (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 380°F.
- Prepare the tea by heating up the water (don't let it boil) and then resting 2 tea bags in it. Let it sit for 10 minutes and then transfer it to the freezer.
- Sift the flours together into a bowl, then add the coconut oil and salt and mix well.
- Take the tea out of the freezer. It should be cold, but not frozen. Slowly add it to the dough and combine the ingredients using your hands. If it's too dry, add more water.
- Place the dough into a greased or parchment paper-covered 8-inch pan, and press it around with your hands until you cover the full surface and about 1-inch up the sides.
- Set in the refrigerator while you work on the filling.
- Remove the longer stems from the arugula and set aside.
- In a food processor combine the tofu, pumpkin puree, nutritional yeast, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Once all ingredients are mixed, Take the crust out of the refrigerator and pour the pumpkin filling.
- Place the baby arugula on top and, with a wooden spoon, carefully stir into the mix.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and carefully place them on top of the quiche.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let it rest for 15 minutes before serving.