Oatmeal is a favorite breakfast for most of us, and sneaking the green into this whole grain makes it a hearty breakfast or brunch. While baking these oatmeal cups, I really wanted to include a nutrient dense green leafy vegetable (kale!) into my breakfast. I also thought that it would be a great idea to sneak in some greens into my family’s diet, and figured mornings are the best time. A nutritious breakfast keeps everyone happy all day!!
Savory Kale Oatmeal Cups [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Savory Kale Oatmeal Cups [Vegan]
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1 ½ cups silken tofu (mashed)
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tbsp. sriracha sauce
How to Prepare Savory Kale Oatmeal Cups [Vegan]
- Preheat oven at 425 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a muffin tray by greasing it.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- With an ice cream scoop spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tray and bake in the middle rack for 15-17 minutes or until the tester comes out clean.
- Take the tray out of the oven and serve warm with ketchup.
If desired you may use quick/old fashioned oats in place of oat flour in the same measurement. The consistency and the taste would still remain the same.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 172 | Carbs: 23 g | Fat: 5 g | Protein: 7 g | Sodium: 406 mg | Sugar: 13 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.