Oatmeal is a favorite breakfast for most of us, and sneaking the green into this whole grain makes it a hearty breakfast or brunch. While baking these oatmeal cups, I really wanted to include a nutrient dense green leafy vegetable (kale!) into my breakfast. I also thought that it would be a great idea to sneak in some greens into my family’s diet, and figured mornings are the best time. A nutritious breakfast keeps everyone happy all day!!
Savory Kale Oatmeal Cups [Vegan]
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1 ½ cups silken tofu (mashed)
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tbsp. sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven at 425 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a muffin tray by greasing it.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- With an ice cream scoop spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tray and bake in the middle rack for 15-17 minutes or until the tester comes out clean.
- Take the tray out of the oven and serve warm with ketchup.
If desired you may use quick/old fashioned oats in place of oat flour in the same measurement. The consistency and the taste would still remain the same.