This filling main entrée is full of savory flavor! Pulling together hearty tempeh with all the tangy notes of apple cider vinegar and sage, this is one dish that is perfect for a nice dinner with friends and family.
Savory Herb-Baked Tempeh and Quinoa [Vegan]
- 1 block tempeh
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or liquid aminos
- A few springs of sage and thyme
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Place tempeh in a loaf pan or baking dish.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, maple syrup, and soy sauce in a small bowl and drizzle over tempeh. Top with a few sprigs of fresh thyme and sage and marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and bake tempeh for 12-15 minutes, or until is golden brown.
- While tempeh is baking, add 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups water in a saucepan, bring to a boil, and then simmer until quinoa is tender and water absorbed, about 15 minutes. Stir in thyme leaves and remove from heat.
- Remove tempeh from oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing into pieces. Add quinoa to serving dish and top with tempeh slices.