This Vegan Savory Dosa/Uttapam Waffles recipe is a great way to use dosa batter. This homemade waffle batter is loaded with veggies and is delicious! It's the perfect breakfast or snack recipe that can be made in just 20 minutes!
Savory Dosa Waffles [Vegan]
- 4 cups dosa batter
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2-3 green chilies
- 2 tablespoons pav bhaji masala
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 5-6 curry leaves optional
- Cooking oil spray
- The first step in this recipe is to prepare the dosa/uttapam batter, for which you can use either fresh or leftover batter. Transfer the batter to a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped onions, tomatoes, and corn.
- Then add the greens like chopped bell pepper, spinach, green peas, and cilantro.
- Next, add the ginger paste, minced green chilies, paprika, pav bhaji masala, and hummus.
- Mix it all together. Add salt as required. Be mindful of the fact that the dosa batter already contains salt.
- The mixture should have the consistency of pancake batter. This homemade waffle batter should neither be too thick nor too runny. Avoid adding excess water.
- Heat a waffle maker as per instructions. Smear it with cooking oil spray. Pour a spoonful of batter into each mold of the waffle maker and cook it as per instructions.
- You can select your desired level of browning and cook it accordingly. It should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully take them out once they are done. These savory vegan waffles taste the best when served warm and fresh.