This amazing savory "cheesecake" requires only six ingredients and ten minutes of prep time, so you can have a delicious and unique party appetizer that's ready in no time. The crust can be made from your gluten-free flour of choice and hummus. So, if you want it spicy? Try adding jalapeños to your hummus — so you can get as creative as you want with the flavors. Slice this up and serve with crackers.
Savory Baked Cheesecake [Vegan]
For the Dough:
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
For the Filling:
- 15 ounces tofu
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- Sun-dried tomato pesto (optional)
- Prepare the dough by combining flour, hummus, baking powder, and water with a spatula until you have a dough. Now prepare a 7-inch springform pan with parchment paper and bake the crust for around 15 minutes at 390°F.
- While the crust is in the oven, combine tofu, hummus, garlic, and nutritional yeast in the bowl of a blender. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Give the filling over the baked dough and return to the oven for another 20 minutes. When done garnish with my optional sun dried tomato pesto, if desired.