These savory yet still slightly sweet biscuits are loaded with great nutrition from raw carrot powder. They are a perfect canape option and are great paired with either hummus or a vegan chive ricotta.
Savory Almond Carrot Biscuits [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 Cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoon psyllium husk
- 2 tablespoon raw carrot powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoon cold pressed coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoon rice malt syrup or sweetener of your choice
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoon hot water
- Preheat the oven to 360°F.
- Add all dry ingredients into a food processor, blend until all combined.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients and blend until a large ball or dough forms. Everything should stick together quite well.
- Scoop out equal amounts of cookie dough and roll into balls. Evenly space them on a baking paper lined tray.
- Use a fork to press down each biscuit.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove once cooked and allow to cool. Store in airtight container for up to 4 days.