No more wasting produce, all your about-to-spoil vegetables now end up in this easy and delicious Save the Veggies Ratatouille! It’s made with eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini, mushrooms, red pepper, onions and cherry tomatoes, all baked together in the oven.
Save the Veggies Ratatouille [Vegan]
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- handful fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Throw all of the sliced vegetables into a large bowl.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, oregano and black pepper.
- Pour into a large baking dish.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes, mix with a large wooden spoon every 15-20 minutes.
This recipe is based off of medium sized vegetables, I am not including specific measurements of each type of vegetable because the point is to use the whole thing so nothing goes to waste. You may need to slightly increase or decrease the amount of oil and spices you add depending on the size of your vegetables. You can also use 1-2 cans of crushed tomatoes. If you would like the vegetables to maintain some crunch take them out after 40 minutes, if you want them to be softer and more like a sauce keep them cooking for 60 minutes.